Desert Survival Virtual Edition
Summit provided our group with an amazing fun-filled team building exercise that will stay with us for a long time. They were professional, organized and very tuned into the culture of the group. It was a very enjoyable day!
Coordinator, Cardio Respiratory Services - Markham Stouffville Hospital
It is 10 am on a mid-August day and your plane has just crash-landed in the middle of the desert. You and your fellow passengers are unharmed, however, getting out of this situation in one piece is going to require some quick thinking and even more importantly- you must all work together to come up with a solution.
If there’s one thing for certain, no one will make it out alone.While scavenging the area, you discover a variety of items in the wreckage that could prove helpful – but deciding what to utilize and what to set aside could mean the difference between success and failure.
- Individuals will rank the various items available according to how critical they believe them to be
- Participants will then join their breakout room “survival groups” and collectively prioritize the items using problem solving, decision making and consensus building tools
- Groups then compare individual and team performance to how experts rank the items
- Debrief discussions focus on what worked? What didn't? Did teams fare better than individuals? If so, why? If not, why not?
Summit Team Building was willing to listen to customize the program based on our objectives. Their preparedness and flexibility made this a most rewarding and valuable learning experience.
Business Group Manager Merck Frosst Canada Ltd
- Practice effective problem solving and group decision making skills
- Understand and value each person’s unique contribution to the team
- Develop team skills through interactive breakout room discussions
Take your team to the next level. Get the latest Industry Trends and effective Team Building Tips